2/17/09

Injured Children























So I knew that life with kids was always eventful but holy cow! Yesterday, I decided that it was time for me to take a quick shower and the boys were out of school so I asked Braeden and Brinton if they would please keep an eye on Anna and Sara until I got out. I barely got out of the shower when the kids came screaming up the stairs with blood dripping all down Anna's hand. Apparantly the boys were fighting and Brinton went to shut Braeden out of the house and Anna's finger was in the crossfire. Her finger was so mangled and I could see the bone so I thought for sure we were in for a long night with a broken bone or surgery. I met Dave at the ER and checked her in and the man who checked us in said "weren't you here just a couple of months ago with your other daughter?" (Sara had hit her head and cut it open) It didn't help that Anna had taken a tumble on Thursday and had a huge bruise covering the left side of her face. I am sure that they think I am an abusive mother. Anyway, we had x-rays and thank heavens it wasn't broken but she did need two layers of stitches that totaled 20. Her fingernail was shoved into her finger and they had to pry it out and reset it so that her new cuticel could grow correctly. I'm sitting holding Anna while she's crying and Dave is over in the chair about to pass out. The nurse was little and she said she wasn't sure she could lift him up off the ground so he should just sit. I thought it was fascinating. Needless to say, the boys are being punished until further notice and they've been sucking up to me all day. I think I will make the most out of it. I gave Anna her pain medicine and it makes her so funny. She acts like she's drunk and starts singing. It's hilarious. As for the excitement, I am ready to have a little less of it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh no!!!! I hope she is feeling better soon!! And hoping you get some good house cleaning out of those boys! ;)

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you are handling things amazingly well under the circumstances Syd! I'd probably be curled up in a ball somewhere waiting for the storm to pass.

Sharon said...

I'm with Dave. I almost barfed reading your blog.