In the previous post we had just sold our home of 12 years and moved in with my parents to find our home. The road to finding that home was the longest road ever!!! There were so many short sales, the areas never felt right, and we really wanted something that we felt we could live in for the rest of our lives. This process was extremely exhausting but in the end, we feel like we were led to our beautiful home and neighborhood. This is our beautiful home pre-yard right when we were about to move in. We now reside in Lehi, Utah and we love it!
We began the process of making friends, getting to know our ward and saw almost all the homes in our neighborhood being built. It was sooo much fun! The kids seemed to adjust fairly well and school began...
(First Day of School 2012)
Six months into our new home and we participated in our stake being split and being formed into a new stake. The Pheasant Pointe Lehi Stake was created and we were now in the Pheasant Pointe 5th ward. Our Bishop called Dave and I in to his office a day after the ward was created to issue me a new calling. Young Women's President!!!!! AAAAAAAH! That's what was going through my head! I was scared to death and didn't know any of the girls. Partly because of the split and partly because we were new. This journey became one of my most prized possessions. I was able to rub shoulders with amazing women and beautiful girls.
For me, this was probably the sweetest calling I have ever had! It was a pleasure:)
Dave was called to serve on the High Council with our amazing Stake President Greg Spencer.
Throughout our first year in our home our kids were able to have so many amazing experiences. I thought putting the year in pictures would be great!
We were off to a great start! We had friends, we were serving the Lord and we were together!
In September 2013 our family would begin a journey that we were not expecting and knew it would be a challenge. Dave was called to serve as Bishop of our ward. It was a sweet experience to listen as the Stake President told him of the process behind issuing this particular calling. What was going through my head were the following thoughts...I have an amazing husband, I don't want to get released, how will we make this work with our family, what is the Lord thinking, etc... My mind, and I am certain, Dave's mind was reeling!!! Since that night, we have had some beautiful and sweet experiences that will be etched into our minds and hearts forever. We are only a year into this journey but I have already seen Dave grow and become strengthened through the Lord. Time will only tell what the Lord has in store for our little family through these next 4 years...
For me personally the six months after Dave was called as Bishop were the most difficult I have ever had. Not just because of the time constraints that took Dave away a lot but in November, my beautiful friend Meg was told she only had hours to days left to live. It had been years that I watched her suffer from cancer and in the back of my mind I knew the possibility of her dying was there, but when I received that phone call it was heartbreaking. I always felt like Meg and I were meant to be friends. She was a beautiful reminder to me of someone who held on to her testimony through trials. Our family was able to spend Thanksgiving in St. George with her family and in December, a few weeks later, she passed away. My heart was broken as I attended her funeral. I think I became numb because I watched everyone around me sobbing and breaking down but I sort of stood there and watched. It was surreal! What an amazing friend!
The months following Meg's funeral were tough on me. I think I sort of put on a good face and thought I was okay but was struggling. It really took until around June for me to get a handle on everything going on. When school let out, I felt like I could begin to grieve. Poor Dave, he had to deal with me that entire time!
Almost caught up, I promise!!! In May, Braeden was at soccer tryouts and injured his knee which put a damper on his life. He had to have surgery. Poor guy did this two weeks before getting his licence. This summer has been a crazy one but we loved it!
Summer consisted of: Surgery, Youth Conference, Girls Camp, lots of trips to Thanksgiving Point with Grandma, family reunions, soccer tournaments etc...
I am officially caught up and will conclude with our current pictures from the summer!! Thanks for sticking with us through this long post:)
Oh did I mention we got a dog!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH!
































3 comments:
It's so good to see your cute family and read what you are up to these days. We love you!
That wasn't so long! I loved every line and picture :)
I love your family! Glad you got caught up so I could read it!
Post a Comment