4/1/09

March madness



















It's been a while since I have placed an entry here. I can't believe it's been a month already. How time flies. Since there's a lot of catching up to do, here goes...
Brinton had a very big month. First, we attended the Murray Max soccer awards ceremony where his team presented him with the outstanding player award. He was so excited to receive a trophy and he was able to get his picture in the local paper. We also celebrated his 9th birthday! Holy cow, I feel old. He took a friend to go bowling and to lunch at Wingers. He had such a great time but according to Dave, he doesn't think they will ever be allowed back into the restaurant. Brinton also wanted to go see the temple really close!! I'm not sure why, but okay. So we all took a drive, got ice cream and took pictures in front of the Jordan River Temple. It could be that his interest started because we attended the Draper Temple Open House last month and he knew the closest he could get now to a temple was on the outside. Anyway, we had fun and got some cute pictures!

We also had a couple of nice days in March, hence the picture with the shades on the girls. We had a girls shopping day where we bought all of their spring outfits, not that we are going to be able to wear them for a while, but we had a fun time. They each wanted some sunglasses. They insisted on Hello Kitty! Also, Sara decided on her future career. She wants to be a hair stylist. She attempted to cut her own bangs and part of Anna's hair. This resulted in a trip to Cookie Cutters Kids Cuts for an emergency hair fix!! I have to say, I was fuming! I love the girls hair and it didn't make it better that Dave started laughing. Needless to say, all is fine now and the bangs will just have to grow out. Anna's blended well.

The funnest night I had this month was when we were able to go to dinner with our friends Josh and Meg. They came up to Salt Lake for their visit to Huntsman's Cancer Hospital where she is getting treated. We all decided to go out and have a fun time at Joe's Crab Shack. It was so fun to see Dave in a bib!!! He apparantly had the messiest meal. We went for shakes after and had such a great time! They are awesome friends!

March is over now and I am looking out the window to see that it didn't take the snow with it! Darn! Maybe this is my own personal April Fools joke from the weather!!! LOL

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Looks fun, Syd. I want to see a picture of Sara with her hair.

cara said...

Sounds interesting! I want to see a pic of Sara too!
Cara

Candi said...

Ok, so where did the picture with the bib go?!?!?

Unknown said...

Dear Gooch Family,

My name is Jason Zollars with the Joe’s Crab Shack Support Center. I noticed your blog, and I am so excited to see that you and your family went to Joe’s. It looks like you had a great time! The picture with the bib came out great, and I hope he had a good time digging into his Steampot. From everyone here thank you for being a great customer and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Jason Zollars
JCS Marketing