So it's been a while since I have blogged and it feels like we have been on a whirlwind. If you can keep up, then this is for you!!!!
From the 4th of July until now.....
We were able to spend some great time with family over the 4th of July. Dave's aunt, uncle and cousins came into town from Arizona for their family vacation and they spent time with us at Murray Park for food, fun and fireworks! It was such a nice night and very cool. I am sure that they loved it coming from 115 degree weather.
We also had a chance to hang out with my family at mom and dad's house. We had a BBQ and played games. The family played steal the flag and had a water fight. It was a lot of fun!
Dave and I had a great opportunity in taking Braeden to the temple for the first time. He was so excited! He invited Kanon Black to do Baptisms for the Dead with him. We were able to go out to dinner with Nate, Kelly and Kanon. I was so proud, not just because he went, but because he was so excited to go. He asks every week when he can go back!
Shall I keep going? I know I know. I should just update more often so I don't have these issues. But, here goes more...
Braeden and Dave were able to go with the Scouts for his very first week long Scout Camp. I was glad Dave was able to go with him because it was the first time he had ever gone but by Day 2 I was really ready for him to come home. I got a call Tuesday of that week from Dave telling me that they were on their way back from the Evanston ER because Braeden had been bitten by something and his entire hand had swelled up huge! Great! He took an antibiotic, an anti-venom and a pain killer. Poor kid! But he decided that he wanted to brave the rest of the trip! I was really glad when they came home!
Now to the recent!!! Yeah! We are in full swing with soccer. My days are filled with practices, games and tournaments. The boys both participated in the Max Cup which is their soccer club! They had some great showings. Brinton's team was undefeated and took first place! Braeden's team lost in the finals after playing the full game, overtime and shoot-outs. They lost by 1 point in shoot-outs! They both played so great and are looking forward to the full season starting in a week!
We also had a little fun with friends over the past couple of weeks. We went up the canyon for FHE with the Blacks and went to the Thanksgiving Farm with Becky and her kids! Boy has it been hot!!!! That's coming from a big pregnant woman who likes to sit on top of the air conditioning vent to stay cool! All in all, I would say that we have been busy but had a great summer! Now onto school! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I am excited?)
8/21/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Thanks for featuring us on your blog! You guys rock and we have loved spending time with you this summer. I guess this means that it is my turn to post on my blog.
You guys have been having a very busy Summer! How exciting to get to take your son to the temple! We're a few years away from that but I'm looking forward to it. :)
Post a Comment