9/23/08
Family Home Evening
Soccer mom is a word that describes me to the tee. I am in full soccer mode. We are realizing what happens when life is completely scheduled. But we are also realizing how wonderful life can be when your kids are happy. Last night, Dave gave our family home evening lesson and talked about money and finance with our kids. We made a goal as a family that we were going to start taking better care of our things and save up to go to Disneyland next year. Our kids are of course going way overboard. They ate breakfast in the dark this morning because they were saving power and I'm not quite sure their hair actually got washed because they took 1 minute showers to save water. We'll see how long it lasts. We always have an interesting time for family home evening. Anna is usually running around yelling, the boys are giggling and Sara is crying because she didn't get to eat dessert yet. It's fun. I hope we get lots of blessings for trying anyway. Dave is never home, trying to get through school at the U really quickly. I am looking forward to the day when we can go on a real date. We went to clean Dave's mom house and get it ready to put on the market. I couldn't help but feel really sad walking around her empty house that has new paint, air conditioning, new doors, and clean everything. All the things she wasn't able to get or to do for herself the last couple of years. I really miss Bill and Laurel. My kids kiss their pictures everyday. Well, I better put Anna down for a nap considering she's crying on the new computer keyboard. Oops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do you think they will wear snowcoats in the house in a couple of months to cut down on the heating bill?
Post a Comment