10/4/08

Fun weekend!

This weekend turned out to be a really fun one! Friday, I drove Sara and her best friend Ian down to the Discovery Kids Museum at Gateway for her first ever preschool field trip. Woo hoo!!!! It was actually really fun. I can't believe how many interactive areas they have for kids. They had a ball room that scared Sara though. You put these plastic balls into the tubes that go to various places in the room. She thought she was going to get sucked up in one of the tubes. Her favorite thing about their time at the museum was being able to sit in the Lifeflight helicopter on the roof. She now wants to fly one someday. I had several friends who were there as well with their kids and it was nice to have adult conversations. Needless to say, Sara had a blast and hopefully it was really memorable for her.
That night, we threw a baby shower for a good friend of mine Audrey Fish. We had it at our church building because our house just isn't big enough to accomodate everyone. It was so much fun seeing everyone. Especially friends who had moved out of the ward a while back. I hope it was fun for Audrey and I'm looking forward to meeting her little guy.
Saturday, we went to my mom's house to listen to conference. She had made us an awesome breakfast which my kids reminded me they never get at home; ever! The conference talks were so awesome. My favorite was Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk. Even though he sat in a chair, his energy for what he was saying really came through. He has such a sweet personality and always has humor in his talks. I was really uplifted. I loved watching the children's choir in the second session. There were two boys who were actually slapping each other to make sure they were standing up tall. I can't wait to listen tomorrow to the talks. I can't imagine ever having to be in a position to speak to all those members of the church. But, I was really excited about a temple being built in Rome, Italy. What a momentous event that will be for the members in Italy! Well, bedtime for me. I might actually be able to sleep in!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Syd, heard about the great breakfast. Merlene couldn't stop talking about what a pig Braeden is.