Today was an unusually relaxed day. Thank heavens! Sara had dance today at Murray High School. On the way to dance, she tore her tights so we decided to buy her some new ones on the way. We get to the tight section and she sees the most beautiful polka dotted princess tights she has ever seen!! Oh my gosh they are hideous. As a parent, this was one of those times when to avoid having a meltdown in the store, you decide that it's easier to give in then to worry about sleeping beauty all over your daughter's ankles. I felt a little better about my decision when I dropped her off at dance and saw that another girl had wanted to come to dance in her pajamas and tap shoes. I guess I'm not too bad. Lately, my girls just look like I don't care that their hair is done, their socks are dirty and their arms are written on with marker. Probably because I don't. I have learned that I have to let some things go. Looking at Anna's picture today, you can judge whether Anna should have her hair combed or not. I found out today that my friend Megan got her results on her most recent pett scan. Her cancer has not shrunk but it hasn't grown either. I really think that this is more of a positive sign than a negative. Because Bill had a sarcoma, I know how aggressive this type of cancer can be and to have not grown at all in a few months is unbelievable to me. I know it is because of the Lord and her faith that she is going to be around for a while!! Good Luck Meg. We love you.
10/1/08
Havin' fun with the girls
Today was an unusually relaxed day. Thank heavens! Sara had dance today at Murray High School. On the way to dance, she tore her tights so we decided to buy her some new ones on the way. We get to the tight section and she sees the most beautiful polka dotted princess tights she has ever seen!! Oh my gosh they are hideous. As a parent, this was one of those times when to avoid having a meltdown in the store, you decide that it's easier to give in then to worry about sleeping beauty all over your daughter's ankles. I felt a little better about my decision when I dropped her off at dance and saw that another girl had wanted to come to dance in her pajamas and tap shoes. I guess I'm not too bad. Lately, my girls just look like I don't care that their hair is done, their socks are dirty and their arms are written on with marker. Probably because I don't. I have learned that I have to let some things go. Looking at Anna's picture today, you can judge whether Anna should have her hair combed or not. I found out today that my friend Megan got her results on her most recent pett scan. Her cancer has not shrunk but it hasn't grown either. I really think that this is more of a positive sign than a negative. Because Bill had a sarcoma, I know how aggressive this type of cancer can be and to have not grown at all in a few months is unbelievable to me. I know it is because of the Lord and her faith that she is going to be around for a while!! Good Luck Meg. We love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment