10/21/08

Fun Week



So Sunday began normally this week. The kids were running around the house getting ready while they fight about who knows what. I think Sundays are the days that we are lucky to get out of the house. We somehow make it out of the house every week. Not always in one piece though. We had ward conference and Jake Trent, Merilee Boyce (the stake president's wife) and our sweet Bishop spoke. We also heard from the ward choir. It was such a great Sacrament Meeting and I actually heard most of it. Dave told me that I needed to be in the combined Relief Society/Priesthood meeting. I wasn't really worried about why until he hinted that the Stake Presidency was going to spotlight the Bishopric wives. I have already been spotlighted twice before and I was so embarrassed. Dave just laughed and watched me blush. That afternoon we went to my parent's house for dinner and I came back for the music festival practice. I am looking forward to performing in November for the Relief Society Music Festival. Our choir director is awesome. She is the choir teacher at Taylorsville High and has such a cute personality. It was a great day!
Last night we had our normal Family Home Evening lesson taught by Braeden. When we had a chance to hang out together, Dave said he had a DVD to show. It was a DVD that they all made for me with pictures and music. Apparantly they had been working on it for a long time. It was so awesome. It was such a sweet thing to do. It was also fun looking back on photos from a long time ago. I have a beautiful family!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Syd,
I'd rather be spotlighted than have to sing in church. Our whole family has to sing this Sunday. Don't know why they couldn't pick someone musical. Apparently, we haven't embarassed ourselves enough in this ward.